Over 1600 patrons attended the 2013 Our Kids Soup Sunday, held on February 24, 2013, from 11:00 am to 2:00 pm at LP Field Club Level West. Our Kids played host to 50 of Nashville’s finest restaurants at the 20th Anniversary of Soup Sunday.
All of the proceeds from the Ford Our Kids Soup Sunday presented by US Foods go to Our Kids. The funds will be used to meet the organization’s primary goal: To provide medical evaluations and crisis counseling for children and families struggling with child sexual abuse.
Taster’s Choice Winner:
Vanderbilt University Dining’s Carrot Cake Soup with Caramel and Cream Cheese drizzle
2. Whiskey Kitchen – Drunken Chicken Chowder
3. Broadway Brewhouse Midtown – Caribbean Seafood Chowder
4. Prime 108 – Lobster BLT
5. Porter Road Butcher – Creamy Turnip and Bacon Soup
6. Copper Kettle – Champagne Brie and Apple Bisque
7. Chef’s Market – Hickory Smoked Prawn & Candied JD Pork
8. Sperry’s – Stilton Soup
9. Urban Grub – Grilled Corn and Smoked Poblano Chowder
10. Eastland Café – Sweet Vidalia Onion and Crab Soup
Fleet Street Pub’s Queensway Cock-a-Leekie Soup
2. Copper Kettle with Champagne Brie and Apple Bisque
3. Urban Grub with Grilled Corn & Smoked Poland Chowder with Spaghetti Squash Tamale
Urban Grub’s Grilled Corn & Smoked Poblano Chowder with Spaghetti Squash Tamale
News Channel 2 Anchor Julie Kroenig was the event’s emcee. We also had celebrity judges Actor Eric Close from the television show Nashville, PGA Golfer Brandt Snedeker, Tennessee Titans linebacker Will Witherspoon, Lightning 100 DJ Lt. Dan and food writer Nicki Wood. Chef judges included former Top Chef Contestant Arnold Myint, master chef Vito Randazzo, and Kristian Morgan, among others.