Over 1,500 patrons attended the 2012 Our Kids Soup Sunday, held on February 26, 2012, from 11:00 am to 2:00 pm at LP Field Club Level West. Our Kids played host to 50 of Nashville’s finest restaurants at the 19th Annual Soup Sunday.
The Ford Our Kids Soup Sunday presented by US Foods benefits Our Kids, a nonprofit organization that provides medical evaluations and crisis counseling for children and families struggling with the issue of child sexual abuse.
Winner for Most Creative: Noshville Delicatessen-Reuben Soup
- Macke’s-Woodchuck Cider and Cheddar Soup
- 1808 Grille-Coconut and Sweet Plantain Soup w/ Caribbean Crab
- Mere’ Bulles-Vegetable Tomato and Black Bean Soup
- Lugo’s Restaurant-Dickson County Clam Chowder
Taster’s Choice Winner: Broadway Brewhouse Midtown-Habanero Crab Bisque
- Rutland Place-Ol’ Fashioned Butternut Bisque/Torched Gingerbread Marshmallow/Boiled Apple Cider Molasses, smoked pistachio Crumb Crackers
- Loewes Hotel Nashville-Warm Apple Pie Bisque w/ Basil Whipped Cream
- The Sports Grille at the Hilton-Southwestern Chicken
- Vanderbilt University Dining-Sweet Potato Souffle Topped with Praline Pecans Caramel Drizzle
Judges Favorite: Boswell’s Grill-Roasted Corn and Chipotle Bisque
With honorable mentions:
- Sam’s All American Grille-Red Beans and Rice
- Mere’ Bulles-Vegatable Tomato and Black Bean
- 1808 Grille-Coconut and Sweet Plantain Soup w/Carribbean Crab Slaw
- Coco’s Italian Market-Clam Up Italian Style
News Channel 2 Anchor Julie Kroenig was the event’s emcee and featured celebrity judges Actor David Keith, WSMV Sports Director Rudy Kalis, Former Tennessee Titan, Chris Sander and Singer-Songwriters Jonell Mosser and Marshall Chapman. Chef judges include John “Chappy” Chapman, Brett Corrieri, Hal Holden-Bache, Arnold Myint, and Deb Pacquette.