Certified Pediatric Nurse Practitioner, Clinic Director
Hollye started her medical career caring for critically ill infants. It showed her she was meant to help children, so she became a pediatric nurse practitioner. While in graduate school, she did a clinical rotation at Our Kids on the recommendation of a family member who’d done the same years before. She fell in love with the philosophy of the clinic and the fact that children not only get medical care at Our Kids but also get a chance to talk about what’s happened to them with someone who cares. She has been with Our Kids ever since.
Today, Hollye conducts training at national conferences and serves as lead investigator on medical research at Our Kids.
Started with Our Kids
Areas of expertise
- Normal and abnormal findings in sexual abuse
- Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs)
- Performing medical exams on children of all ages and talking with them as long as they need once the exam is over
- Training medical professionals from all over the country
- Conducting and publishing research
- Speaking at national conferences, presenting findings and teaching others in the field of child sexual abuse what Our Kids has learned in its 30+ year history
- Testifying on behalf of children in court, in Tennessee and internationally when needed
- Nursing degree from the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
- Pediatric nurse practitioner program completed at Belmont University
- Diagnosis of Trichomonas vaginalis in female children and adolescents evaluated for possible sexual abuse: A comparison of the InPouchTV® culture method and wet mount microscopy.
Gallion, HR, Dupree, LJ, Scott, TA, Arnold, DH. Journal of Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology 2009; 22:300.
- Genital Findings in Cases of Child Sexual Abuse: Understanding Penetration.
Gallion, H, Milam, L, & Littrell, L. (2016) Journal of Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology.
To learn more about Hollye’s experience as a practitioner at Our Kids, read this profile on her from 2014.